Gene expression analysis is the study or analysis of gene products formed after gene coding. It is an indication of changes in gene expression pattern that reflects back as a change in the biological process.
Gene expression analysis goes beyond the static information of genome sequence into a dynamic functional view of any organism genomic content and is extensively used in research, pharmaceutical, and clinical settings to better understand individual genes, gene activity profiles, or gene pathways.
Gene expression analysis can be attained through different techniques, though real-time PCR is the most popular approach. Transcriptomics deals with the analysis of different types of RNA sequences, transcribed by the genome, in a specific cell under given conditions through the use of high-throughput techniques, such as microarray analysis. Identification of genes differentially expressed in response to varied treatments or in distinct cell populations can be studied by comparing the set of the transcriptome.
Major factors driving the growth of the gene expression analysis market include rising number of patients suffering from rare diseases, increasing the prevalence of cancer, surging demand for personalized medicine, increase in funding, declining price of sequencing, and a strong focus on laboratory research. However, significant high prices of gene expression analysis instruments are anticipated to hinder the growth of the gene expression analysis market.
In terms of application, the gene expression analysis market can be categorized into diagnostics, drug discovery and development, R&D, and others. Based on services, the market can be classified into gene expression profiling services, sequencing services, bioinformatics solutions, and others.
On the basis of geography, the global gene expression analysis market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America held the leading share of the global gene expression analysis market in 2017, followed by Europe. This can be attributed to the presence of a large number of leading market players, technological advancements, and heavy investment in laboratory research in North America.
In Europe, initiatives taken by the government in research & development are likely to drive the global gene expression analysis market during the forecast period. The gene expression analysis market in the emerging economies of Asia Pacific is expected to grow rapidly due to increasing pharmaceutical applications, large patient population, and developing healthcare technology. However, the gene expression analysis market in the developing nations of the Middle East and Latin America is expected to witness a sluggish growth during the forecast period due to poor healthcare facilities and low investments in research and development.
Key players operating in the global gene expression analysis market include GE Healthcare, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Life Technologies, Roche, QIAGEN N.V., Affymetrix, and Illumina, Inc. Other prominent players in the market are Agilent Technologies, Bio-Rad Laboratories, PerkinElmer, Oxford Gene Technology, and Luminex Corporation.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
• Market segments and sub-segments
• Market trends and dynamics
• Supply and demand
• Market size
• Current trends/opportunities/challenges
• Competitive landscape
• Technological breakthroughs
• Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
• North America (U.S. and Canada)
• Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
• Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
• Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
• Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
• The Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
Highlights of the report:
• A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
• Important changes in market dynamics
• Market segmentation up to the second or third level
• Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
• Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
• Market shares and strategies of key players
• Emerging niche segments and regional markets
• An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
• Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market